PNC Application Developer Sr in Strongsville, Ohio
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100219 Application Developer Sr
Provides information on the detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
Designs and codes application programs; performs testing for developed applications .
Conducts analyses of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems .
Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system .
Ensures the operating efficiency of existing application systems. Maintains records for the documentation of systems development and revisions .
OH - Strongsville
Application Developer Sr
Line of Business:
OH090 - Strongsville Branch
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
OH - Strongsville, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Packaged Application Integration - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT TOOLS - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
APPLICATION DELIVERY PROCESS - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
Application Design, Architecture - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
Application Testing - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of application testing and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.
Application Maintenance - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to define, implement changes to, and support a production application.
System Development Life Cycle - Working Experience
- Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
Technical Writing/Documentation - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the technical language and writing approach, and the ability to write paper-based and on-line technical reference documentation (guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.)
Technical Troubleshooting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Application Developer Sr within PNC's Integration Automation Technologies organization, you will be based in Strongsville, OH .
As an Application Developer Senior this candidate will have responsibility for developing and integrated various application interfaces leveraging IBM Integration Bus (IIB) platform for the various PNC technology areas across all technology platforms. Additional duties include interpreting functional requirements provided by Business Analysts, while adhering industry standard SDLC methodologies and conducting regular code reviews.
Strong software development experience of at least 6 years and 4 years levering IBM Integration Bus technology message broker.
In-depth knowledge of standards/technologies that enable messaging, including XML JSON, WSDL, SOAP, RESTful services, JMS, HTTP, SSL, RHEL, DB2, SQL, MySQL and Oracle Database. Strong knowledge of ESQL language, ESQL Functions, Message flows and Message sets. Experience working with SOAP Nodes, MQ Nodes, File Nodes, Timer Nodes, Compute Node, Filter Node, JMS Nodes, HTTP Nodes, Routing Nodes etc.