Mercy Health Nuclear Medical Technologist Nuclear Medicine Mercy Health PRN in Lorain, Ohio
Nuclear Medical Technologist Nuclear Medicine Mercy Health PRN
Job ID: 4661937
Updated: April 17, 2018
Geographic Location: Lorain
Location: Lorain, OH, United States
Department: Nuclear Medicine
Full/Part Time: PRN
Standard Hours: 0
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist provides health care services, dispensing radiopharmaceuticals to assist in diagnosis or treatment to all age groups. The Nuclear Medicine Technologist performs nuclear medicine procedures and related techniques, producing images for interpretation by/or at the request of a licensed practitioner. The Nuclear Medicine Technologist exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complementary to medical ethics. The Nuclear Medicine Technologist provides appropriate patient care and recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of procedures.
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist witnesses the hospital philosophy by respecting the uniqueness and dignity of each person and by implementing the values of justice and compassion in providing services and in all professional interactions. The Nuclear Medicine Technologist promotes a positive attitude toward fellow workers, responding in a timely basis to requests for information and assistance, and promoting a collaborative effort between Radiology Services and the other hospital departments and/or the public.
Qualifications - Minimum
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic at a level to perform jobs.
2. Maintain current State license.
3. Possession of a board certification by ARRT and/or NMTCT.
4. Current CPR certification required.
5. Completion of and authorized nuclear medicine training program.
6. At least one year work and call experience preferred.
• Normal patient care environment with little exposure to noise, dust, temperature and the like.
• Frequent exposure to radiation with little chance of injury when established safety procedures are followed.
• Substantial physical effort exerted up to fifty percent of work time.
• Ability to walk, stand, and bend more than eighty percent of time.
• Frequent (fifty to eighty percent of work time) exposure to adverse conditions.
Reports to assigned Manager/Lead Imaging Technologist.
Hours per pay period: 0
Rotating On call schedule.
Rotating holiday schedule will cross train at offsite facilities.
NMTCB or ARRT (N) Required BLS required 2 years of NM experience preferred able to start IVs preferred.
Shift and Job Schedule
Job Shift: Days, Job Schedule: Contingent
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.