SMG Security Officer in Cleveland, Ohio
Position Announcement: SECURITY GUARD-FULL TIME
Facility Name: Cleveland Convention Center and
Global Center for Health Innovation, Cleveland, OH
POSITION: Security Guard -- Full Time
REPORTS TO: Security Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a FULL TIME SECURITY GUARD at the Cleveland Convention Center and Global Center for Health Innovation. This position participates in the day to day functions of securing, directing, and promoting security and safety in the facility and provides direction, safety and security for any event related activity as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the control of patrons that visit the facility.
- Ensure crowd control stays at a reasonable level and assist in conflicts as needed.
- Be knowledgeable about locations throughout the facility.
- Be courteous and helpful.
- Conduct routine property walks
- Locks and unlocks facility doors.
- Responds to emergency situations
- Complete detailed reports on activity during shift and maintains daily log of activities.
- Operate and monitor computerized fire alarm and surveillance camera systems as required.
- All other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
High noise level
Stair climbing, excessive standing and sitting for sustained amounts of time.
Position is not substantially exposed to adverse working conditions.
No overhead lifting, carrying or push/pulling
Good verbal communication and customer service skills.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
High school diploma/equivalent preferred.
6 months to 1 year security experience, preferably in a similar environment
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Shift hours and days will vary depending upon needs but includes, nights, weekends and holidays. Minimal land travel may be required.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact:
Don Thigpen, HR Manager
SMG/Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland
And Global Center for Health Innovation
1 St. Clair Ave, NE
Cleveland, OH 44114
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities,
Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled