Goodwill Industries of GCECO Inc. Program Specialist-Middleburg Heights in Cleveland, Ohio
Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Term Life, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Retirement, and Paid Time Off.
Are you looking to make a difference in your community by helping others gain life and employment skills?! Come join our Middleburg Heights Goodwill team and help make good happen!
Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland and East Central Ohio is currently seeking a full time* Program Specialist* to provide teaching assistance, assessments and case management services to transitional at-risk populations participating in our Comprehensive Case Management and Employment Program.
At-risk populations may be individuals in poverty, unemployed, involved with the justice or foster systems, drop-outs, or other at-risk behaviors preventing the attainment of employment and/or the completion of training. As a Program Specialist you will be responsible for the participant from intake through goal planning to discharge in any mission services area.
Ensure compliance with CARF standards, policies and procedures, contractual guidelines, safety and security regulations, and confidentiality.
Evaluate participant intakes and histories. Complete Labor Market Research and a job task analysis for duties relevant to chosen vocational goals. Maintain up to date records in the case database.
Evaluate intakes and histories. Assess the participants' work skills and abilities and assist individuals with improvement as needed. Record, document, and submit approved reports within defined timeframes. Make objective and appropriate recommendations based on observed and documented data.
Meet with program participants in order to develop and implement Individualized Program Plans within established guidelines. Review performance in relation to program plan, assess progress, and revise plan as necessary with input from the participant, their referring counselor, and/or their support team as applicable.
Identify participant needs best met by other community resources and make appropriate referrals.
Conduct regularly scheduled meetings for assigned program participants. Attend all internal and external meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of local labor market, community supports and services.
Understanding of the impact of employment on current or future supportive services.
Experience in working with persons with diverse backgrounds and varieties of barriers to employment including disabilities, preferred.
Ability to communicate effectively with participants, staff and other agency personnel as appropriate.
Ability to work with others in an effective way to gain their trust and confidence, enabling them to share their feelings. Ability to document these program activities via case notes and written reports.
Ability to perform and teach computer functions including use of the Internet, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Detail oriented, ability to gather and record data quickly and accurately.
Organizational and time management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in education, rehabilitation counseling, psychology, social work, or related area or a minimum of three years related experience with a high school diploma or its equivalence in lieu of a degree.
- Certification in First Aid and CPR required.
- Will require other certifications depending upon case assignment.
- Must have a valid driver's license and automotice insurance. Must regularly provide the agency with proof of valid automotive insurance.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks that change often and work with moderate to no supervision.
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the position including but not limited to inside, sedentary work. Frequent forward, horizontal reach at desk. Occasional standing, walking up to 60 feet, stair climbing, stooping/bending; push/pull up to 10 lbs. Infrequent crouching/squatting. Working conditions will vary according to each participants work site. Standing, lifting, stooping, twisting and hand/arm manipulation may occur at any given job site.
- Work flexible and varying schedule including weekends, nights and holidays as required. Travel is required within communities served.
This is a full time, hourly position with offered benefits of: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Term Life, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Retirement, and Paid Time Off.
Background checks, pre-employment drug screens and FBI/BCI checks will be performed. No Phone Calls Please.
Help Make Good Skills Possible: Join the Goodwill Team Today!
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Job Start/End Date: 17-Apr-2018 to 16-Jun-2018 (EST)
Department: Mission Services
Location: Cleveland, OH, USA
Pay Type: Hourly
Employment Type: Full Time