PNC LOB Risk Specialist in Cleveland, Ohio
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100499 LOB Risk Spec
Assists in the execution of the LOB Risk Management program, identifying opportunities for enhancement where applicable. Under supervision, enables line of business adherence with risk programs.
Assists in the design and development of the risk management program to meet business and regulatory expectations.
Executes the risk management program within or across the lines of business (e.g. - business self-assessment and quality reviews). Participates in the consultation to execute the program components.
Works to develop risk expertise while working with the businesses and other risk partners (e.g., Compliance, Credit, Legal, Audit).
Participates in risk initiatives, business as usual activities, ad hoc requests, and identifies risk exposures.
PA - Pittsburgh
LOB Risk Specialist
Line of Business:
PA373 - Firstside Center Bldg
Total Hours Per Week:
Monday-Friday: Normal Business hours
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
OH - Cleveland, PA - Pittsburgh, ZZ - Remote Location
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Industry Knowledge - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Standard Operating Procedures - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, implement and evaluate standard operating procedures affecting daily and strategic business operations in order to increase operational efficiency.
Process Management - Working Experience
- Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Working Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Working Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Data Gathering and Reporting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
Internal Controls - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to create, implement, evaluate and enhance processes in internal controls.
Operational Risk - Working Experience
- Knowledge of policies and processes for operational risk management; ability to use tools, data, and best practices to identify, assess, and manage operational risk exposures.
OPERATIONS - BACK OFFICE - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to implement the practices, processes, technologies, and applications associated with banking transaction processing and records management.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
As a LOB Risk Specialist, you will be part of the Technology Risk Management organization on the Risk Identification team, primarily working with Technology (such as CIO teams, CTO, Cyber Security, Architecture), Independent Risk Management, and across the various lines of business to ensure technology risk is appropriately identified and socialized to all stakeholders and appropriate risk practices are implemented; as well as ensuring that all areas of PNC have technology controls embedded in business processes and applications where required.
The LOB Risk Specialist will leverage subject matter expertise and project execution skills to provide consistent delivery of risk identification and analysis across the Technology organization and will adapt and manage risk analysis processes. Responsibilities include education, consultation, and reporting of significant technology issues with key stakeholders across Technology and the various lines of business, managing and tracking risk related items, and reporting results to Technology Leadership. Primary focus areas include risk identification and reporting, with strong interaction points and a need to understand overall technology risk and governance.
The position entails the following roles & responsibilities:
Supports the execution of the risk management programs (e.g. – Management of Technology Solutions, Scenario Analysis, etc.) within or across the lines of business. May participate in consultation to execute the program components.
Facilitates review meetings with key stakeholders to make compliance decisions based on policy.
Monitors and tracks planning and remediation milestones for all non-compliant technology solutions.
Conducts outreach to third party engagement owners to gather information regarding potential non-compliant vendor applications.