SMG Event Coordinator in Cleveland, Ohio
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an EVENT COORDINATOR for the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland and Global Center for Health Innovation. This position is responsible for ensuring that the operational needs of clients are met by mobilizing the necessary internal resources to properly set up, operate and close out of small to mid-sized events. Incumbent serves as primary or secondary contact for client and all internal departments and must be present during the execution of the event. Position requires flexible hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advises, guides, counsels and meets with assigned clients as necessary regarding all event details and logistics.
- Gathers and organizes all information pertinent to the event such as scheduled and meeting room requirements.
- Respond to client inquires by either providing information or directing inquiry to appropriate internal department.
- Advises clients on the operational procedures, policies, rules and regulations and deadlines of the facility.
- Quotes prices for operational and labor services not specified in the Event License Agreement.
- Provides clear, concise and timely communication of detailed requirements to operational departments.
- Process last minute changes requested by clients, and alerts internal departments and/or service contractors as necessary.
- Must be present during the execution of the event and serve as coordinator on duty as required.
- Assist Event Managers as assigned.
- Assists and troubleshoots basic IT and audio-visual needs for clients in the Global Center for Health Innovation's meeting spaces as needed.
- Prepares and distributes to client and internal departments in a timely manner an event document detailing all information required for the execution of the event.
- Maintains documentation of all contracts and correspondence related to definite sales accounts.
- Accurately inputs and updates all information pertinent to definite sales accounts into the computer.
- Prepares, reviews, and completes final event settlements. Handles subsequent inquiries regarding event settlements.
- Meets with internal departments as necessary to discuss event requirements.
- Holds pre-event meeting with client and internal departments to review event requirements and logistics.
- Attends departmental meetings as required.
- Performs related duties as assigned by the Assistant General Manager and other duties as assigned.
- Substantial standing and walking, sitting at computer; not substantially exposed to adverse conditions.
- Perform office related functions in standard office setting.
- Activities occur both inside and outside the Center; some seasonal cold, heat and humidity
- Must be able to work long hours, weekends and/or nights as events dictate.
- Two years' experience in the operation and execution of conventions, trade shows, and/or corporate meetings is preferred.
- Bachelors/Associate degree required.
- Must be able to effectively manage many conflicting priorities at one time
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with all department levels and staff.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
- Computer knowledge includes word, excel, Microsoft outlook and optimum settings.
- Basic understanding of information technologies typically requested for small meetings.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Hours will vary depending upon events but includes, nights, weekends and holidays.
This is a salaried position. The salary range for this position is upper $30's with a benefit package.
Recruiter - SMG/Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland and Global Center for Health Innovation 1 St. Clair Ave NE Cleveland, OH 44114
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled