PNC Cyber Security Engineer in Cleveland, Ohio
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
102039 Cyber Security Engineer
Responsible for the operations and maintenance of security components and devices. Creates and designs security solutions for use in complex operating environments. Ensures the performance of the security network and provides suggestions on how to optimize and improve security infrastructure
Performs in-depth system and network analysis to identify risks and design flaws.
Creates and designs security solutions for use in complex operating environments.
Develops detailed implementation, configuration, design, and engineering documentation.
PA - Pittsburgh
Cyber Security Engineer
Line of Business:
PAA86 - The Tower at PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
OH - Cleveland, OH - Columbus, PA - Pittsburgh
CISA, CISSP, and CISM preferred.
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Analytical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Information Security Technologies - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technologies and technology-based solutions dealing with information security issues.
IT ENVIRONMENT - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of an organization's IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
Network and Internet Security - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the features, tools and processes used for maintaining network and Internet security; the ability to develop and implement safeguards for the prevention of intrusion and unauthorized access to an organization's network security system.
Problem Solving - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Technical Troubleshooting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to manage the processes, tools, techniques and practices for assuring adherence to standards associated with accessing, altering and protecting organizational data.
IT SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of technical tools and techniques to guarantee service availability and ensure IT system performance.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Cyber Security Engineer within PNC's Network Security organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland, OH or Columbus, OH. Remote eligibility for this position will be considered outside of the locations defined.
The open position on the Network Security Operations team requires an individual with a strong understanding of network security, operational troubleshooting and self-motivation. Incumbents are responsible for managing network firewalls, Web proxy/gateway security platforms, and in-depth troubleshooting. (Platforms include Fortigate firewalls, VMware NSX distributed firewall, Cisco ASAs, StoneGate/ForcePoint, Checkpoint firewalls, Bluecoat Web gateways, and others). Experience with the security component of products such as F5 and ZScaler is a plus. The position requires an individual capable of operating in a highly visible role in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. A qualified candidate should have a strong protocol-level understanding of computer networking, a general knowledge of the networking functions of enterprise computer applications, be passionate about all aspects of information security, proactive in researching and following security trends and best practices, and capable of self-learning new technologies with minimal assistance.
Extensive expertise and work as a network security engineer in some or all of the following categories is preferred:
Administration and troubleshooting of firewalls, load balancers, routing and switching.
Intrusion detection systems (IDS/IPS), network forensics, network behavioral analysis
VPN and encryption technologies (IPSec, SSL/TLS, GRE, etc)
Understanding of TCP/IP and common protocols
Virtualization, micro segmentation, and software defined network security (NSX, VMWare, converged infrastructure)
Logging, monitoring, health and fault management automation
Maintaining cluster configurations, Active/Active and Active/Passive along with warm spares
Maintenance of firmware versions, upgrade plans and process maintenance
Current certifications from Fortinet, Cisco, or others is highly preferred.
This position will be staffed during normal business hours, but does require rotating on-call coverage, and some work will be performed during after-hours maintenance windows.