Assurant Site Reliability Engineer in Westlake, Ohio
Mobile Defense, an Assurant Company, is pioneering new architectures and deployment strategies to scale solutions operating on petabytes of data and building fully automated environments.
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help us maintain and expand our cloud infrastructure, currently serving millions of users. Candidates must have exceptional communication skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, excellent judgment, and the ability to be productive and organized in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with software engineering to design robust, scalable server infrastructure
- Monitoring the performance and uptime of applications and underlying systems
- Managing and scaling infrastructure as the company grows and evolves
- Discovering and implementing new ways to improve operational engineering practices and procedures
We need you to have:
- Experience builading and managing enterprise-scale applications and infrastructure
- At least one year of hands-on AWS experience including: o Creating and managing VPC topologies o Managing and scaling cloud-native applications built with EC2, ELB, and RDS o Managing S3 buckets, objects, and policies o Monitoring with CloudWatch events, logs, and alerts o Securing access using IAM policies and roles, STS tokens, and KMS
- Experience running cloud-native applications in production including familiarity with: o Autoscaling o Service discovery o Centralized configuration management o Secrets management o Cost optimization and right-sizing
- Experience working with specific configuration and infrastructure management tools such as Chef, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Experience creating and maintaining continuous integration / continuous deployment pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, TravisCI, GitLab, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux systems administration and architecture
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Ruby, Python, Bash)
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git, Mercurial)
- Passion for systems automation, reliability, and high scalability
- Exceptional collaborative, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize, manage and prioritize many tasks at a time
We’d like you to have:
- Experience deploying and maintaining serverless applications on AWS including: o Deploying, scaling, monitoring, maintaining, and optimizing applications built with AWS Lambda, API Gateway, and DynamoDB o A basic understanding of application development using Node.js o Familiarity with serverless application frameworks (e.g., Serverless, Apex)
- Experience working with containers in production including: o Migrating existing applications to containerized workflows o Creating reliable, zero-downtime container deployment strategies o Automating deployment of containerized applications via CI/CD pipelines o Artifact management and access control using DockerHub, ECR, Quay, etc. o Container scheduling (e.g., Kubernetes, ECS, Swarm) o Overlay networking and load balancing (e.g., Weave, Calico, Flannel)
Learn more about Mobile Defense at our website: https://mobiledefense.com
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Requisition ID: 51823