Energizer Holdings, Inc. R&D Technician in Westlake, Ohio
This is Energizer
We're leading the charge as the new Energizer, connecting our brands, our people and the products we offer the world. Together, we're creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we'll play, and what it takes to win.
Our 5,000 colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you'll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
Provide key support of product design improvements by executing routine and non-routine experiments and tasks that have the most impact on product development or in defining the causes and solutions of technical problems within research and development.
· Plans and executes routine and non-routine experiments and tasks.
· Creates reports that summarize data and analyzes for exceptions.
· Performs manual tasks and operates machines which include the mixing and handling of chemicals.
· Practices proper safety procedures and reports unsafe acts or conditions.
· Collects, records, and transcribes routine and non-routine data.
· Performs routine and non-routine calculations; creates routine and non-routine tables, charts and graphs.
· Creates data reports that include conclusions.
· Uses appropriate materials and equipment and understands their principles of use or operation.
· Understands basic principles of energy systems and/or devices in assigned area.
· Identify and implement continuous improvement measures.
· May also perform additional duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
· High School Diploma or G.E.D.
· 1+ years of experience in a technical laboratory, industrial manufacturing, or similar environment
Preferred Skills and Experience
· Associates Degree from an accredited institution
· 2+ years of demonstrated related experience
Working Relationships & Environment
· Interfaces with supervisor for direction and guidance.
· Works with and provides guidance to co-workers as necessary.
· Interfaces with other departments or groups to acquire necessary information.
· Will work in in a technical laboratory setting with occasional travel and work in an industrial manufacturing setting.
· Up to 10% travel is required.
· Able to perform repetitive manual tasks requiring hands, stand for extended periods of time, and lift 35 lbs.
· Exposure to health risks or conditions that may require the use of Personal Protective Equipment.
· Work schedule that may occasionally vary from typical business hours.
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes full medical and retirement savings coverage, paid vacation and holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Follow our Linked In company page to see where we're going : www.linkedin.com/company-beta/163631