Goodwill Industries of GCECO Inc. Strongsville- Stock Clerk/Donation Sorter (3 part-time positions) in Strongsville, Ohio
Are you looking to work in retail and for a company that makes a positive difference in your community!? Come join our Goodwill team at the* Strongsville Retail Store* and help make GoodSkills possible!
Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland and East Central Ohio is currently seeking a part-time Stock Clerk/Donation Sorter to join our team. The stock clerk/donation sorter will be responsible for processing quality donations quickly according to agency standards while also being responsible for greeting, thanking, and issuing receipts to customers according to agency policies, procedures and practices.
- Processes quality donations quickly, which involves the sorting, tagging, testing, cleaning and preparing of all materials for sale in the store, meet production goals.
- Assists in stock rotation and maintaining racks, shelves and other displays in a presentable manner.
- Itemizes purchases on point-of-sale system, handles cash and makes change.
- Utilizes personal computer software to input starting and ending cash amounts and maintain accurate customer records.
- Assists store team leadership and the training of new personnel.
- Assists in maintaining a clean work area, such as sweeping floors. Adheres to all safety practices, procedures and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to know different shades of tone and color
- Know merchandise within a variety of categories: name brand, antiques, vintage, collectables to name a few.
- Ability to use basic computer functions.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D preferred.
- Work weekends, nights and holidays as required.
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of position including but not limited to: constant standing, constant bilateral reach and handling ability; constant fingering and pinch grip; requires constant ability to lift/carry up to 10 lbs.; may require constant shoulder height reaching with either hand and firm grasp; frequent bending; may squat; requires frequent ability to push/pull less than 20 lbs.
We have three part-time openings working 25-29 hours/week.
Background checks and pre-employment drug screens will be performed.
*Help Make Good Skills Possible: Join the Goodwill Team Today!*
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Job Start/End Date: 03-Oct-2017 to 02-Dec-2017 (EST)
Location: Strongsville, OH, USA
Employment Type: Part Time
Pay Type: Hourly