Johnson Controls Project Engineer/Security Systems Specialist - Virtual Remote – Anywhere, USA in Strongsville, Ohio
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we’ve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we’re always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it’s vital that we have talented Installation and Service Specialists on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
About the role:
The Integrated Security Systems Specialists/Project Engineer will work for the corporate Security Center of Excellence which is SimplexGrinnell’s hub for the top security engineers and managers in the industry. They will be part of a team that supports over 120 district offices on the delivery of world class integrated security systems consisting of access control, CCTV, networks, communications and other low voltage building systems.
The ideal candidate has dual qualifications as security system designer and as a technical expert able to program/commission complex integrated security systems, as follows:
The Project Engineer is responsible for the design submittal of integrated systems for approval by the customer and in accordance with project specifications, drawings, codes, and regulations; manage and create the design submittal (drawings, bill of material, calculations, technical manuals, “as-builts”, etc.) and maintain the submittal during changes to the contract. Be able to discern between technical and contractual issues; create or respond to formal notices (i.e. Job Instructions, Change Notices, RFI’s, etc.), document informal instructions from the customer, analyze and submit the cost and schedule impact of these changes. Responsible for the configuration of integrated systems by programming the product’s application software, integration between products performing software and/or electronic interfacing, diagnose and troubleshoot integration until successful system performance; setup and fully test systems in-house and/or in the field or to supervise technicians doing the same. Ability to write narrative proposals, technical documentation (operation manuals, test procedures, product evaluations, specifications, etc.), project documentation and correspondence to various audiences. Responsible for preparing and leading a sales demonstration, customer training or an acceptance test at the factory or the job site.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experienced with integrated systems with a preference towards security (access control, analog and IP based CCTV, intrusion, perimeter and locking control systems); The focus is on Security design and programming of card access and CCTV systems.
- AutoCAD experience and/or working with designers is required.
- Revit experience is a plus
- The candidate must be able to lift/carry up to 50lbs unassisted. Candidates must be fully able to walk up a step ladder, carry/disassemble equipment, read/understand warning signs/instructions.
- Travel: Travel between 10% to 25% per year is required. EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Experience with the following systems: intercom/emergency phone, public address, fire alarm, nurse call, central stations, TSDS/MATV, UPS, PLC and BMS. Possession of a PMP certification by PMI or one of its affiliates
- Microsoft Server, SQL database programming, Visual Basic and MS-Project or Primavera experience
- Knowledge of NFPA standards, Underwriter’s requirements, applicable building codes, and AHJ requirements
- Knowledge of Federal and Government Standards
- PSP, CPP, NICET and Six Sigma certification a plus
- Network (LAN, WAN & Wireless LAN) experience and associated certification
- Experience with the following: API’s, SDK’s, GUI’S, etc.
- Registered PE
Job: *System Operations & Management
Organization: *Bldg Technologies & Solutions
Title: Project Engineer/Security Systems Specialist - Virtual Remote – Anywhere, USA
Requisition ID: 1719114