PPG Industries Commercial Territory Manager in Strongsville, Ohio
PPG: We protect and beautify the world. At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
Why join us: With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged. Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
This position is accountable for sales growth of Fleet and LIC business in their area of responsibility.
Business Plan Development - develop and implement a territory business plan to support
Zone Fleet and LIC (Light Industrial Coatings) growth, by identifying target markets and
segments, and developing related strategies.
- Distribution Management - with each new and existing distribution, develop business
strategy and working plan for new business growth.
- Distributor Account management - manage the sales cycle by developing/sustaining positive
relationships with distributor personnel and distributor end user accounts to
achieve distributor plan.
- Direct Accounts Management- sell, then manage the sales cycle of direct accounts.
- Manage Internal Relationships - communicate Fleet/LIC strategy with Zone Territory
Manager's (TMs) and Regional Manager's (RMs) to ensure team approach and mutual
- Functional/ Personal Development - remain up to date on Fleet/LIC product and services,
and commitment to Performance Learning Plan (PLP) development plan to ensure job
success and career opportunity.
- Competitive Awareness - understands competition, their offerings (products and services)
and develop counter programs.
- Industry Awareness - identify and understand industry trends and initiatives.
Mentorship of Others - serve as a mentor with the development of lower level Commercial
Territory Manager's (CTMs).
10 Requires 50% travel
11 This position covers Ohio
Experience and Education
· Business degree or equivalent
· 6-8 year’s sales experience in Commercial Coatings
· Distribution channel experience
Functional and Technical Skills
· Superior Product & Equipment Application & Commercial Services/Programs Knowledge
· Personal Skills - Written & Verbal Communication Skills, Interpersonal Skills (proven ability to
interact with different levels in an organization)
· Proven Computer Skills- proficient to able to teach others in Windows and Microsoft Office
#DF1 PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You may request a copy of PPG’s affirmative action plan by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity please see attached links:
http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguageJRFQA508c.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
Title: Commercial Territory Manager
Requisition ID: 1700005448