Aclara Technologies Quality Engineer in Solon, Ohio
The candidate will be responsible for software testing design, planning, automation and execution for a variety of customer-facing and internal applications in an Agile software development environment.The individual should be self-motivated, creative and proactive, to work successfully in a fluid environment including multiple platforms and architectures using diverse technologies. The individual will work closely with developers, system engineers and other stakeholders throughout the SDLC, executing test iterations, tracking / reporting results, triage/ troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution. The individual should have a strong understanding of SDLC processes and the QA lifecycle and methodology.
- Participate as part of the development team to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives.
- Develop automated scripts using tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio C# to solve technical challenges.
- Estimate testing efforts and participate in daily testing activities.
- Design, develop and maintain test scripts for automated testing to address business and technical scenarios.
- Execute, troubleshoot, analyze and communicate automation test results.
- Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function.
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate, using TFS or similar tools/means.
- Develop and or contribute to existing processes, tools, and automation framework to enhance quality and productivity.
- Write advanced and complex SQL statements in support of various applications.
- Create and identify specialized testing tools for application testing such as RESTful API.
- Contribute to acceptance criteria written in Gherkin and / or simple language utilizing tools such as TFS / Visual Studio.
- Maintains automation test environments, user accounts and test data.
- Relevant work experience in development and/or testing role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical background and an understanding of SaaS applications.
- Database skills, mainly in Oracle and SQL Server.
- Experience with Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience building automated environments using virtual and cloud resources.
- Understanding of object oriented programming, .NET, etc.
- Knowledge of automated testing tools, such as Selenium, Cucumber/Gherkin.
- Familiarity with DevOps and Continuous Integration concepts.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously.
- Must be flexible, independent, self-motivated, self-organizing and team player.
- Punctual, Regular and consistent attendance.
- In addition to the education outlined below, at least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in a structured software automated testing environment for web based applications.
- Superior quality assurance and analytical skills with in-depth knowledge of web-based technologies and products; proven background with test scripts and automation tools.
- BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Web Systems, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or other related degree.
Affirmative Action and EOE:
Aclara is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law
Job ID: 2017-1583
# of Openings: 1
Job Locations: US-OH-Solon