Aclara Technologies Data Analyst in Solon, Ohio
Collects, analyzes, and uses data to provide solutions for internal and external customers. Uses mathematical or machine learning skills to collect, explore, and extract insights from structure and unstructured data sources.
- Contributes to developing long term plans for optimized creation of large distributed data sets.
- Utilizes statistical, mathematical, and predictive models as well as business strategy skills to build algorithms.
- Mine and engineer data from large and varied data sets (structured/unstructured).
- Performs large scale operations and build data driven apps to translate data into intelligence.
- Creates and designs new end-user reports.
- Communicates findings to team, managers and senior leadership.
- Provides on-going tracking and monitoring of performance of decision systems and statistical models.
- Recommends ongoing improvements to methods and algorithms that lead to findings, including new information.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or business-related field
- 3 years of experience manipulating large datasets and using databases (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server).
- 3 years of experience in advanced data analytics, math or statistical modeling, or machine learning (R, Python, SAS, MATLAB).
- 2 years of experience with data presentation tools like Power BI/Tableau or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Ability to manage Virtual and Real Database Environments for Engineering Development/Production Reporting.
- 3 years of experience in using Hadoop/Spark to mine data from structured, unstructured data sources.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or business-related field.
- Normal office environment.
- Frequent sitting and standing
Affirmative Action and EOE:
Aclara is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID: 2017-1520
# of Openings: 1
Job Locations: US-OH-Solon