Swagelok Inspector - In Process in Highland Heights, Ohio
TitleInspector - In Process
Shift24/7 C Nights
Perform tasks that lead to the assurance of Swagelok product / process conformance. The Inspector must possess the physical ability to perform all job responsibilities. In addition, the Inspector must have the skills required to fulfill the technical, operational,
and judgmental responsibilities. They are able to assist in the development of new processes and recognize and solve most non-routine process problems. The associate at this level has a greater awareness of the overall business and is able to make process
improvements that reduce cost and/or improve quality and delivery. They may interact with associates in other functional areas and can oversee and assist with department development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Read and interpret reports, part prints, quality specifications and other quality related documents
• Use of various types of inspection equipment
• Ability to analyze statistical process control techniques used in processes
• Execute physical inspection of product to assure product conformance
• Understanding of process flow for internal operations
• Application of statistical sampling plans
• Application of various operational procedures
• Verification and maintenance of inspection equipment
• Entry of records and documentation, in both written and electronic form
• Provide unbiased disposition of product based on established quality requirements
• Initiating corrective action for issues that could lead to the detriment of outgoing quality
• Prioritization of work by appropriate means
• Conveyance of information pertaining to observed quality trends and issues
• Basic training and orientation of other associates
• The Inspector must perform the above listed, as well as other assigned responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner.
• Support company philosophies, systems, and policies by:
o Displaying integrity on the job.
o Supports and actively participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
o Acts immediately if an unacceptable situation arises.
RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Basic understanding of manufacturing prints and product / process specifications.
• Strong math skills
• Accountability: Take personal responsibility for delivering results.
• Communications: Sends clear and convincing messages in an open and effective way; listens well and responds thoughtfully to communications from others.
• Teamwork: Ability to work with the inspection team to ensure consistent support is provided to all areas of manufacturing across all facilities.
• Flexibility: Ability to work between all manufacturing facilities as needed.
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment and annual Vision Acuity tests
• Able to sustain effective visual inspection over the course of their scheduled shift by applying published Swagelok Visual Standards and Standard Work to parts being inspected.
• Must be able to lift on a regular basis between 25 - 35 pounds and occasionally between 35 - 50 pounds. Demonstrate manual dexterity required to properly handle products and gages, able to move throughout the shop floor to gather samples, move parts, etc.
Some standing, squatting, kneeling, bending, and twisting is required. In some environments, must be willing to work in enclosed/confined spaces (clean-room).
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.