Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Supervisory Financial Accounts Technician in Cleveland, Ohio
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1898515
Our Mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center is a 673-bed tertiary healthcare facility which provides care to over 100,000 veterans in northern Ohio. We provide care through our main medical facility at the Wade Park campus, 13 community based outpatient clinics, and 3 vet centers. The medical center has been recognized for more programs of excellence than any other Veterans Affairs Medical Center. These programs of excellence include: Open Heart Surgery, Care of the Seriously Mentally Ill, Geriatric Evaluation and Management, Substance Abuse Care, Spinal Cord Injury Care, Medical Care of the Homeless, Domiciliary Care of the Homeless, Functional Electrical Stimulation, Advance Platform Technology, Primary Care Education, and Patient-Centered Specialty Care Education. We are a teaching hospital providing a full range of patient care services to Veterans with state-of-the art service ER for both general acute care and psychiatric care and comprehensive reference clinical laboratory. With us, you will find a challenging, yet rewarding career experience.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities (i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities), and/or disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
For more information on the "Who may apply" eligibility requirements, please refer to the OHRM Status Candidates and Other Candidate Definitions document.
The Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center is recruiting for a Supervisory Financial Accounts Technician. The Supervisory Financial Accounts Technician will function in Fiscal Service. The Supervisory Financial Accounts Technician duties include:
- Exercising supervision over the performance of duties by the Agent Cashiers and the alternates.
- Responsible for the detection and prevention of misappropriation of funds entrusted to the cashiers.
- Ensuring that all proper procedures and policies regarding the Agent Cashier are being properly performed.
- Overseeing the operation of employee travel for the Medical Center through the use of the VA's travel system, Concur.
- Reviewing the US Bank travel card documentation to ascertain the misuse of these cards and recommends subsequent remedial action.
- Responsible for the Centrally Billed Account (CBA) for the Medical Center and must reconcile all of the transactions for this account each month annotating any discrepancies and conducting follow-up action as necessary.
- Certifying that all travel orders are closed out in a timely manner and monitoring the aged travel report to ensure that no orders are open longer than the 90 day threshold.
- Approving all Agent Cashier daily deposits through the online system, OTC Net.
- Advising on procedures for operation.
- Monitoring and assisting with entering travel authorizations and expense reports.
- Assigning functions to positions within the approved structure in order to meet deadlines and priorities.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Position Description (PD) number: 40609-0
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job.
- Subject to a background/suitability investigation.
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required.
- Occupational physical may be required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
In order to qualify for this position, you must meet the following requirements within 15 calendar days of the closing date listed on the announcement:
- Time in grade: Applicants who are current Federal employees and have held a General Schedule (GS) grade at any point in the last 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements. For a GS-09 position you must have served 52 weeks at the GS-08 level.
- Applicants must be eligible under the VA Interchange Agreement, having served continuously for at least one year in the other merit system under this interchange agreement. For more information regarding the VA Interchange Agreement please visit: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-authorities/competitive-hiring/.
- All Title 38 Veterans Canteen Service (VCS) employees must have served in their Excepted Service position for at least 90 days in order to be eligible for a position within the Competitive Service.
- Applicants who were previously selected under a Competitive Delegating Examining Unit (DEU) announcement must have served in their position for at least 90 days prior to being eligible for other positions within the Competitive Service.
In addition to the qualification above you must also have:
Must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-08 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience which equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the Supervisory Financial Accounts Technician. Examples of specialized experience include:
- Organizing and maintaining financial accounts and accounting data.
- Verifying the accuracy and completeness of financial data.
- Providing guidance or assistance on various accounting, budget, travel, or other financial regulations, laws, and requirements to ensure compliance.
- Interpreting and analyzing financial information.
- Identifying problems and determining corrective action.
- Coordinating the processing of local and temporary duty (TDY) transactions.
- Previous experience working with travel coordination.
- Previous management experience.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Accounting.
- Cash handling and depository experience.
There is no educational substitution for the GS-09 level.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Physical Requirements: Work is primarily sedentary. There are no special physical demands.
What To Expect Next
After we receive application packages (including all required documents) and the vacancy announcement closes, we will review applications to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. During our review, if your résumé and application package do not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. After the review is complete, a referral certificate(s) is issued and applicants will be notified of their status by email (if provided); otherwise, applicants will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service. Referred applicants will be notified as such and may be contacted directly by the hiring office for an interview. All referred applicants receive a final notification once a selection decision has been made.
You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking on "Application Status." For a more detailed update of your status, click on "more information." Information regarding applicant notification points can be found in the USAJobs Resource Center.
Areas of Consideration Applicants will be considered based on the following areas of consideration.
- First Area of Consideration (facility employees) Current, permanent Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center (CBOC's included), permanent employees of the Veteran Canteen Service assigned to this facility, Office of Information & Technology employees assigned to this facility, CPAC bargaining unit employees located at the Cleveland VAMC, and Virtual CBOPC bargaining unit employees under station 741 located at the Cleveland VAMC.
- Second Area of Consideration (other VA employees) Current, permanent Department of Veterans Affairs Employees (VA employees who are located at other VA medical centers).
- Third Area of Consideration (status candidates) - Current, permanent Federal employees, former Federal employees with reinstatement rights, and VEOA eligible (separated under honorable conditions after three or more years of continuous active service or preference eligible).
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides is an overview of the benefits currently offered: http://www.vacareers.va.gov/why-choose-va/benefits/index.asp .
VA supports the use of telework as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. This position may be authorized for telework. Telework eligibility will be discussed during the interview process.
The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) - provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. To be qualified you must submit appropriate documentation and be found well-qualified (have a final rating of 90 or more before any Veteran preference points) for this vacancy. Information about ICTAP and CTAP eligible is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website (http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/).
The posting of this announcement does not obligate management to fill a vacancy or vacancies by promotion. The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower grade, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position.
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474126800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-11 to 2017-07-21
Salary: $51,776 to $67,312 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 09
Series: 0503 Financial Clerical And Assistance
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: FZ-17-NS-1898515
Control number: 474126800