Federal Reserve Bank Sourcing and Contracts Specialist (Cleveland or Cincinnati) in Cleveland, Ohio
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is part of the nation's central bank. We've provided many opportunities for professional growth during our history.
For seventeen years in a row, we've been named One of Northeast Ohio's Best Places to Work by North Coast 99. This prestigious award honors organizations with outstanding employment practices, including compensation, benefits, training, recruitment, retention, community services, and employee communications.
At our state-of-the-art offices we are seeking innovative thinkers with vision to build the framework that will carry the Bank into the future. Join our team!
Sourcing & Contracts Specialist Procurement Services Team (Location: Cleveland OR Cincinnati)
Responsible for leading cross-functional procurement projects by consulting with key stakeholders to develop the best sourcing strategy to acquire goods and services at the most favorable terms. Assists in the oversight of all contracts for the Fourth District to ensure compliance with the Federal Reserve System Model Acquisition Guidelines.
- Lead cross-functional procurement projects (RFQs/RFPs) with key internal stakeholders
- Evaluate suppliers based on pre-determined selection criteria
- Analyze bids to identify opportunities to achieve optimal value
- Analyzes bid/proposals to ensure that requirements are met as well as ensuring compliance with appropriate Bank policies and procedures.
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiation strategies.
- Prepare and execute contracts as well as perform post-award administration
- Provides guidance to internal stakeholders on evaluation criteria, plans related to solicitations, contract administration, Service Contract Act and Davis Bacon Act.
- Analyze industry trends and conditions that affect internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Assists in the monitoring of the Travel Management Services function.
- Provides expertise to System (NPO) level assignments / workgroups
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Adheres to the Bank's attendance policies through regular and prompt attendance.
- Requires following somewhat defined procedures. Problems encountered are somewhat complex. Requires making decisions about work and working independently.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree
- 7 years of related work experience
- Professional certification required (Purchasing, APICS, ISCM, Certified Contracts Manager)
Knowledge and Skills
- Sourcing of Facilities and Construction contracts strongly preferred
- Ability to perform independent research
- Comprehensive knowledge of contract administration, contract law and procurement concepts, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of procurement and contract administration principles and systems, knowledge of the Federal Reserve's Model Acquisition Guidelines desired.
- Proficient computer skills
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Project management skills to include organization, planning and execution.
- Customer service orientation.
- Position may include additional requirements unique to the specific area.
Physical Demands and General Working Conditions
Employees typically sit most of the day, work with a computer and may answer/respond to phone calls. Physical movement consists of walking for meetings, breaks, etc. Ability to lift items weighing approximately 20 pounds on a limited basis is required. Employees may be required to travel by car/air.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
Title: Sourcing and Contracts Specialist (Cleveland or Cincinnati)
Requisition ID: 251098