Federal Reserve Bank Software Engineer or Senior Software Engineer in Cleveland, Ohio
/ The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is part of the nation’s central bank. We’ve provided many opportunities for professional growth during our history. / // / For seventeen years in a row, we’ve been named “One of Northeast Ohio’s Best Places to Work” by North Coast 99. This prestigious award honors organizations with outstanding employment practices, including compensation, benefits, training, recruitment, retention, community services, and employee communications. / // / At our state-of-the-art offices, we are seeking innovative thinkers with the vision to build the framework that will carry the Bank into the future. Join our team! /
Software Engineer or Senior Software Engineer
The position will primarily be responsible for designing and implementing innovative proof of concepts projects to address business challenges in support of the Bank’s eCommerce initiatives. The role will perform analysis, design, and development of software applications for customers across a variety of technology platforms and/or business lines. It acts as a project coordinator, coach, and mentor for staff when needed.
• Code, debug, test, deploy, support and document moderately to highly
complex application software.
• Analyze moderately to highly complex customer business needs and
recommend and implement automated solutions to increase process
automation, user experience, and launch of new products and services.
• Act as a liaison with developers, external, and/or internal, regarding
moderately to highly complex system and environmental requirements and
• Provide ongoing moderately to highly complex technical support to
customers, including support for migrations of software applications into
various environments. Provide application and technical support during all
phases of the application lifecycle.
• Design, prototype, and develop moderately to highly complex software
• Incorporate security and other relevant bank and system controls into
• Adhere to bank and system software development methodologies and
• Comply with SAFR, DLP, Privacy and audit requirements
• Demonstrate commitment to innovation, quality, schedules and budget
• Continuous development and learning to keep abreast of application
• Ensure secure coding, contingency, and deployment methodologies are in
place upon moderately to highly complex software implementation.
• Lead technology projects and develop project management artifacts and
• Coach and mentor programming staff.
• Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
• Works independently; receives minimal guidance
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested
• Adheres to the Bank`s attendance policies though regular and prompt
Education and Experience
• Bachelor`s Degree
• 3 years of related work experience for Software Engineer • 5 years of related work experience for Senior Software Engineer
Knowledge and Skills
• Moderate to extensive knowledge of domain, regulations, procedures and
practices of a specific discipline and/or business line
• Ability to perform moderate to highly complex independent research
• Master with Agile development methodologies
• Proficient knowledge of applicable development domain
• Expertise with Object Oriented design and development including a
thorough understanding of OO design patterns and practices.
• Continuous integration & deployment experience
• Expert in SQL/Oracle
• Moderately to highly complex analytical skills
• Moderate to highly specialized, technical skills in applicable technologies
such as .Net, SharePoint, Java, and SQL/DB programming
• Expertise in mobile technologies such as iOS, Android, HTML5 and mobile
Physical Demands and General Working Conditions
• Employees typically sit most of the day, work with a computer and may
answer/respond to phone calls. Physical movement consists of walking for
meetings, breaks, etc. Ability to lift items weighing approximately 20
pounds on a limited basis is required. Employees may be required to
travel by car/air.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
Title: Software Engineer or Senior Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 250976