Defense Finance and Accounting Service MATERIALS HANDLER (Forklift Operator) in Cleveland, Ohio
About the Agency
Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) mission is to lead the DoD in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas.
Vacancy Information: This position is located in DFAS - DIR/SITE SUPPORT OFFICE - CLEVELAND
- The purpose of this position is to perform a wide range of warehousing activities, including receiving, storing, and shipping a variety of bin and bulk supplies, materials, equipment and commodities in support of the operating location.
- Assembles items into groups based on information shown on the receiving vouchers and segregates materials according to such factors as condition, type of transaction, or property class and routes along appropriate processing lines.
- Holds material for inspection according to established procedures.
- Routes items not requiring inspection to proper storage location or the designated organization.
- Operates an electric pallet truck to move, stack, unstack, load, and unload a variety of materials and equipment.
- Follows all applicable warehouse safety regulations and procedures.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
All U.S. Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Must be a U.S Citizen or National
- Background Investigation
- Registered for Selective Service (males born after 12-31-1959)
- Suitable for federal employment
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) is required within 30 Days
- Physical Exam is required
Qualifications:Applicants will be rated in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
Background or Security Investigation: This is a Non-critical Sensitive position. Employment in this position requires a background investigation which may delay your starting date. If you are selected and cannot obtain a favorable security determination within a reasonable period of time due to disclosed or undisclosed background issues, the employment offer may be withdrawn. Individuals selected for this position are required to obtain and maintain a favorable security determination to occupy a sensitive position within the agency as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain eligibility to occupy a sensitive position may result in termination. For more information see the security section of Understanding Vacancy Announcements.
What To Expect Next
The occupational questionnaire and the resume that you submit will be used to assess your qualifications for the job, and to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps has been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation. All information included in the resume and Occupational Questionnaire is subject to review and verification. HR will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be further evaluated by information provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have misrepresented your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position and, if you're already an employee, you may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including removal from Federal service. Application of Veterans Preference: The Category Rating Method does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligible's who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher. A selecting official may make selections from the highest quality category (Best Qualified) provided no preference eligible in that category is passed over to select a non-preference eligible in that category unless the requirements of 5 U.S.C. 3317(b) or 3318(b) are satisfied.
Review our benefits
- Moving expenses will notbe paid.
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) is Required within 30 days.
- A pre-employment physical examination is required at the time of selection due to the physical requirements of lifting and moving heavy objects weighing up to 70 pounds.
- A two year probationary or trial period may be required.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or be exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee and attain a rating of at least 85 or are placed into the middle quality level category of "Highly Qualified" under category rating procedures, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance. NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT*ICTAP* eligible.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474337600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-13 to 2017-07-26
Salary: $20.96 to $24.45 / per hour
Pay scale & grade: WG 5
Series: 6907 Materials Handler
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: D-DFAS-10025219-17
Control number: 474337600