Defense Finance and Accounting Service IT Specialist (SYSANALYSIS) in Cleveland, Ohio
About the Agency
DFAS' (Defense Finance and Accounting Service) mission is to lead the DoD (Department of Defense) in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas.
The following link will help you determine if you meet the eligibility to apply for this position: http://www.dfas.mil/careers/howtoapply/vacancyannouncement/appointment-eligibility.html
PLEASE NOTE: You will be considered only for those appointment eligibilities for which you select, attach supporting documentation and are found eligible.
- Serves as the System Manager for the Defense Department Reporting System and as such will serve as an expert in Systems Lifecycle Management and systems analysis to plan and conduct studies of broad areas of work processes, operational practices, and needs that will affect Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) and Information & Technology (I&T;).
- Participates in all phases of the system lifecycle and coordinates with customer/functional representatives and other technical personnel to clarify requirements; applies knowledge and skills to support the design, development, testing, deployment, evaluation and/or maintenance of systems; provides advice to other organizations to include explaining initiatives; policies, procedures, recommendations and identifying system problems.
- Responsible for Federal Information System Control Audit Manual (FISCAM), Federal Financial Management Information Act (FFMIA), Information Assurance and other audit readiness efforts; identifies and corrects weaknesses in system internal controls; assesses system risks to develop and implement corrective action plans within established timeframes.
- Prepares and monitors project plans; coordinates with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the integrity of the system design and the phases of its implementations; develops and implements cost savings initiatives and software process improvement policies and program; develops and monitors system budget and forecasts future budget requirements.
- Occasional Travel
- Less than 25%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Current or Former Permanent Federal Employees, 30% or More Disabled Veterans, Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) eligibles, Schedule A eligibles, Military Spouses Preference eligibles in the local area, Peace Corps eligibles, and other individuals eligible under Special Appointment Authorities
Questions? This job is open to 5 groups.
- Must be a U.S Citizen or National
- Background Investigation
- Registered for Selective Service (males born after 12-31-1959)
- Suitable for federal employment
- Served 3 months after initial competitive appointment into Federal Service
Basic Requirements: Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating the following competencies appropriate to, or above, the level of this position. For vacancies below the full-performance level of the position, the basic requirement will be evaluated on a developmental basis. Your resume and work experience should clearly support your ability to meet these competencies and will be evaluated as part of the entire application process.
- Attention to Detail - experience reviewing my own information technology-related work or data and have been asked by others to review their work or data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency with standards.
- Customer Service - experience maintaining relationships with customers, assessing current information technology needs of customers, and developing or identifying information technology products and services that are tailored to meet customer needs.
- Oral Communication - briefing mid-level management and IT staff on the status of information technology systems, projects, or daily operations, including the communication of technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Problem Solving - identifying alternatives to address complex information technology-related issues by gathering and applying information from a variety of sources that provide a number of potential solutions. You may need to send proof of education or of certification to be considered for this position. Click here for more information on who must submit documentation at the time of application and what documentation is acceptable: Transcripts and Certifications.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement, qualified applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-12)in the Federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Specialized experience is defined as: working on all stages of systems lifecycle management for an organization's automated information systems; ensuring compliance with Federal Information System Control Audit Manual (FISCAM), Federal Financial Management Information Act (FFMIA), Information Assurance and/or other regulatory audit readiness efforts; identifying and correcting weaknesses in system internal controls; assessing system risks to develop and implement corrective action plans within established timeframes.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience at this grade level.
Time-in-Grade: Current or former federal employees who have held a GS position in the preceding 52 weeks, must meet the time in grade requirement. Applicant must have served 52 weeks as a GS-12 or higher gradein Federal Service.
Time after Competitive Appointment: Candidates must have served 3 months after latest competitive appointment in the Federal service.
Background or Security Investigation: This is a Non-Critical Sensitive position. Employment in this position requires a background investigation which may delay your starting date. If you are selected and cannot obtain a favorable security determination within a reasonable period of time due to disclosed or undisclosed background issues, the employment offer may be withdrawn. Individuals selected for this position are required to obtain and maintain a favorable security determination to occupy a sensitive position within the agency as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain eligibility to occupy a sensitive position may result in termination. For more information see the security section of Understanding Vacancy Announcements.
What To Expect Next
The occupational questionnaire and the resume that you submit will be used to assess your qualifications for the job, and to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps has been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
- Moving expenses will notbe paid.
- We may use this announcement to make a temporary promotion. For some positions, the temporary promotion may be made permanent without further competition.
- Selections are subject to restrictions resulting from the DoD Program for Stability of Civilian Employment.
- A two year probationary or trial period may be required.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 120 days of the closing date.
- This position is exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Travel requirement is Seldom (less than 25%).
- This position is covered by a bargaining unit.
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives).
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474521100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-14 to 2017-07-28
Salary: $89,285 to $116,068 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 13
Series: 2210 Information Technology Management
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: CL-10021895-17
Control number: 474521100