PNC Information Scientist in Cleveland, Ohio
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100278 Information Scientist
Manages and develops information systems for clients; conducts data information analysis for a variety of studies under the direction of organizational standards.
Advises end-users on data manipulation, end-user support systems and statistical analysis.
Selects new information sources and acquires stock. Catalogs and indexes new materials.
Implements and supports technologies for managing and effectively utilizing multiple information sources, formats and uses.
Researches customers needs, conducts awareness and promotional sessions for potential customers.
OH - Cleveland
Line of Business:
OHA57 - Operations Center- North Annex
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
OH - Cleveland
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Modeling: Data, Process, Events, Objects - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to use tools and techniques for analyzing and documenting logical relationships among data, processes or events.
Information Management - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of an organization's existing and planned Information Architecture and Information Management (IM) methodology; ability to collect and manage information from different sources, and distribute this information to enhance operational efficiency.
Data Architecture - Working Experience
- Knowledge and ability to create models and standards to govern which data is collected, and how it is stored, arranged, integrated, and put to use in data systems and in organizations.
Requirements Analysis - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of methods and techniques to elicit, analyze and record required business functionality and non-functionality requirements; ability to analyze these requirements to ensure the success of a system or software development project.
Application Design, Architecture - Working Experience
- Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
Emerging Technologies - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.
IT ENVIRONMENT - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of an organization's IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.
Data Mining - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of tools, techniques and practices in data mining technologies used to acquire essential business information.
INFORMATICS/INFORMATION SCIENCES - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to gather, communicate and store useful information within and across organizations in order to enhance employee knowledge and improve organizational performance.
Business Intelligence - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize business processes and technologies for gathering, storing, analyzing, and providing access to data that helps the organization make better business decisions.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Information Scientist within PNC's Enterprise Data Management (EDM) Technology organization, you will be based in Cleveland, OH. This position will be on the Big Data Solutions team and will work on big data projects using the Enterprise Hadoop platform, in support of business initiatives.