Federal Reserve Bank Cash Specialist I or Cash Specialist II - Day Shift in Cleveland, Ohio
/ The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is part of the nation’s central bank. We’ve provided many opportunities for professional growth during our history. / / / / For seventeen years in a row, we’ve been named “One of Northeast Ohio’s Best Places to Work” by North Coast 99. This prestigious award honors organizations with outstanding employment practices, including compensation, benefits, training, recruitment, retention, community services, and employee communications. / / / / At our state-of-the-art offices, we are seeking innovative thinkers with the vision to build the framework that will carry the Bank into the future. Join our team! /
Cash Specialist I or Cash Specialist II Day Shift: Monday – Thursday 5:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Ensures the appropriate circulation of currency/coin inventory to meet the needs of financial institutions during normal operations and periods of contingency events. Applies developed job knowledge and experience to receive, verify and/or pay out large volumes of currency, and coin in a team environment. Performs complex balancing and other data entry tasks with minimal supervision. May perform basic accounting and financial functions Applies independent judgment and discretion within the framework of governing procedures to maintain custody and accountability in a valuables handling environment.
Prepares and processes large volumes of currency/coin in a highly controlled team environment. Applies developed job knowledge and experience to operate equipment and exceed district productivity and compliance metrics.
- Adheres to processes and procedures to perform initial receipt and verification, destroy large volumes of currency, and/or payout currency following procedures described in TCOM, CCPS and the District Procedure Manual. This requires using extensive knowledge of multiple procedural documents, including revisions that occur each year.
- Reconciles and balances physical inventory with internal automation systems using proprietary software designed for the cash function. Displays basic problem solving skills.
- Through trained observation, detects, and secures counterfeit, old series, and/or altered notes. Prepares notes for transfer to the final disposition. (Must pass counterfeit certification test on a semi-annual basis.)
- Uses enhanced knowledge of the currency circulation process and automated systems to help resolve operating exceptions and escalate when necessary. Prepares supporting documentation for daily transactions and physical holdings including original source documents that will serve as the official record according to the System Records Retention Manual.
- Performs under the frequent view of compliance and audit staff while maintaining focus on quality, controls, and productivity. Employees perform their job responsibilities under constant video surveillance. Display the ability to engage with auditors and to explain processes and procedures.
- Participates in bankwide and district events and/or projects.
- Adheres to the department policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
• Adheres to the Bank`s attendance policies through regular and prompt attendance.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma
1 years of related work experience (Cash Specialist I)
3 years of related work experience (Cash Specialist II)
Knowledge and Skills Knowledge Areas
Ability to perform independent research
Ability to perform complex tasks
Ability to work in a team environment
Ability to follow established policies and procedures Skill Areas
Basic math skills
B asic Problem solving
E ffective communication skills
S pecialized technical skills in cash handling
B asic understanding of Custody Control and Principle Standards (CCPS) and the Treasury Currency
O perations Manual (TCOM)
Physical Demands and General Working Conditions
Production environments: Employees in this position work in a controlled environment with one or more partners under Federal Reserve and Treasury custody control standards. This is a very physical job requiring repetitive lifting and moving of currency weighing greater than 30 pounds. Additionally, employees may be required to operate manual equipment (tow motor) to move containers exceeding 1,500 pounds. Limited sitting occurs and most of this job is performed standing and walking in an enclosed work area. Workrooms are climate controlled. However, working conditions may vary due to external elements. Employees need to be aware of their surroundings due to frequent movement of containers. Exposure to noise from various machines will occur. Employees may be required to push and pull currency containers of moderate to heavy weight.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
Title: Cash Specialist I or Cash Specialist II - Day Shift
Requisition ID: 251418