PNC Capital Finance Sr Associate in Cleveland, Ohio
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
101335 Cap Fin Assoc Sr
Participates in the identification, origination, structuring, negotiation, closing and management of investment transactions. Performs advanced analytical and operational activities related to proposed deals and existing investments. Assists senior staff in sourcing, evaluating, structuring, negotiating, closing, monitoring and exiting investment and management buyout transactions.
Participates in marketing and sales efforts directed toward sources of investments, including developing marketing material.
Performs in-depth analyses of prospective new investments including historical/projected financial results, industry research and risk factors. Determines acceptability of potential investments. Develops and manages due diligence procedures for prospective investments. Participates in negotiations between sellers, their advisors and the company. Assists in the negotiation and development of legal documentation for prospective investments. Participates in efforts to raise senior capital for potential management buyout transactions.
Monitors the financial and operating performance of existing investments. May be a member of the board of directors of existing portfolio companies. Communicates internally with finance/accounting team to report on portfolio companies.
Reviews prospective investment opportunities, deal write-ups and due diligence; provides insight on potential investments and portfolio initiatives as part of the broader group. Participates in recruiting, mentoring and coaching other team members.
OH - Cleveland
Capital Finance Sr Associate
Line of Business:
OH001 - PNC Center - Cleveland
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
OH - Cleveland
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Working Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Managing Multiple Priorities - Working Experience
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Cross-Team Integration - Working Experience
- Ability to lead employees from various functions to communicate, coordinate work across divisions, and collaborate in solving problems as one team.
Financial Statement Analysis - Working Experience
- Knowledge of tools, techniques, and practices, and ability to analyze and determine the credit-worthiness of a business enterprise through its financial statements.
Investments - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the investments business and ability to analyze and evaluate asset types, market and industry trends, major issues, and regulatory considerations.
Quantitative Techniques - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use quantitative tools and techniques to measure and analyze risks.
Financial Forecasting and Modeling - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use processes, tools, and techniques for exploring and evaluating alternative financial scenarios and results.
SALES & MARKETING - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the strategies and operations for promoting the organization products, services and reputation; ability to develop and implement these strategies and operations.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers.
PNC Erieview has a proud history of investing subordinated debt and equity in middle market private equity transactions. We have invested in more than 225 platform companies in 33 states. As a Capital Finance Senior Associate within PNC Erieview Capital , you will work with other investment team members to source, underwrite, close and monitor private equity investments . This position is located in Cleveland, OH.
3 - 6 years of meaningful work experience (private equity or investment banking)
Strong ties to Northeast Ohio are a plus