PNC Application Developer in Cleveland, Ohio
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100413 Application Developer
Assists in developing, testing and implementing application systems.
Provides detailed flowcharts to show processing logic for simple application programs .
Participates in developing, coding and testing computer programs for relatively straightforward or small projects .
Assists in preparing technical and procedural documentation required in application system development .
Provides solutions for programming system operations, including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs .
PA - Pittsburgh
Line of Business:
PA374 - Two PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
OH - Cleveland, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Application Design, Architecture - Working Experience
- Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
IT ENVIRONMENT - Working Experience
- Knowledge of an organization's IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.
System Development Life Cycle - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT TOOLS - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
Application Maintenance - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to define, implement changes to, and support a production application.
Application Testing - Working Experience
- Knowledge of application testing and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.
Packaged Application Integration - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.
Technical Writing/Documentation - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the technical language and writing approach, and the ability to write paper-based and on-line technical reference documentation (guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.)
Technical Troubleshooting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
As an Application Developer within PNC’s MIS Finance and Accounting organization, you will be based in either Pittsburgh, PA or Cleveland, OH.
The Senior TRIRIGA Developer role is about translating the technical specifications into application configuration and scripts for our customers. This includes understanding the TRIRIGA application capabilities and defining the application configuration / customizations required to meet the requirements. Additionally the role will be to understand the data requirements in order to accurately integrate /migrate data. The successful candidate should possess deep technical expertise in software and database design, ETL, reporting and analytics and will have previous TRIRIGA implementation and development experience. The Senior TRIRIGA Develop role will participate in and assist with creating develop work plans for components of the solution development and roll out.
The candidate will provide on-going support of current and enhanced system platforms. Proactively meets with service partners to identify, assess and resolve problems relating to realty services and related subsystems. Become an important contributor to ensure high levels of client and service partners’ satisfaction with the services MIS provides. Provide implementation support (e.g., service partner communication, documentation) in support of systems implemented. In this capacity the candidate will provide research and resolution of problem tickets. Conduct thorough development and unit testing of related application changes. In partnership with business unit service partners and technology partners, and under general direction of management, the candidate will actively participate in user acceptance testing of moderately complex system enhancements.
The candidate will act as the main point of contact and meets regularly with internal / external service partners to review progress on current projects and anticipate project resource needs for future initiatives. Identifies problems that are preventing service levels from being met and documents possible solutions. Assists the project manager and / or their manager in developing project plans for various TRIRIGA development activities. Analyzes business and user needs and translate those needs and requirements into proper system requirement specifications. Provides input to ongoing issue identification and problem resolution. Helps ensure adherence to TRIRIGA development methodologies.
Responsible for the technical design documentation as well as hands-on configuration of the IBM TRIRIGA solution through all phases of the software development lifecycle.
Work multiple projects simultaneously and provide status updates to management on a regular basis and update project schedules
Work cooperatively with other organizations to accomplish project work in an efficient and quality manner
Certified TRIRIGA application developer
Demonstrated expertise with TRIRIGA Application modules (Real Estate, Lease, Space Management/CAD, Operations and Maintenance and Transaction Management)
Direct experience in design, development and implementation of data integrations to/from and data migrations to/from the TRIRIGA application.
Experience using SOAP based xml web services, Java and Oracle databases
Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
Proven skills in implementing and deploying TRIRIGA with at least 2 full software implementation life cycles of TRIRIGA
At least 2 years’ experience with optimization and tuning of TRIRIGA application components, supporting ETL processes and business rules