Westat SED - Field Recruiter in Avon, Ohio
Job ID 12656BR
Job Title SED - Field Recruiter
City OH - Avon
OH - Elyria
OH - Lorain
Job Status Full-Time
Westat is currently seeking motivated individuals with a commitment to excellence to recruit and enroll participants into an important study conducted for the Social Security Administration.
The primary role of the Field Recruiter is to conduct activities to gain cooperation for the study. Field Recruiters will set up offices at designated sites and perform the majority of study recruitment tasks in the field. Field Recruiters will be responsible for determining study eligibility over the phone, followed by an in-person meeting with potential participants to gain cooperation, provide information, and answer questions about the study and the requirements of participation. Field Recruiters will also conduct a baseline CAPI interview with individuals interested in participating prior to enrolling them in the study. Field Recruiters will travel frequently within the community, and may be required to travel on overnight assignments as needed. The majority of the work will be conducted in Lorain County.
· Be at least 18 years old;
· Be available to attend the Field Recruiter training scheduled for September 11, 2017 through September 15, 2017 in Rockville, Maryland; and
· Be available to complete mandatory web-based and hard copy home study prior to in-person training.
· Be available to work for the specified field recruitment period of September 2017 through August 2018.
· Be available to work 35-40 hours per week, including weekend and evening hours.
· Be willing to travel locally with the possibility of overnight travel.
· Be able to meet the physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations:
o Lift and carry 20 pounds of equipment and materials;
o Walk two blocks; and
o Climb a flight of stairs while carrying equipment.
· Have regular and reliable access to telephone service with a long-distance calling feature, either landline or cellular.
· Have regular and reliable access to a secure high-speed Internet connection.
· Have regular and reliable access to an insured vehicle.
· Have a valid (current) driver’s license that is not under suspension.
· Have the ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
· Be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and able to convey the importance of the study to potential participants.
· Previous experience as a Field Recruiter on a Westat field study.
· Experience in survey research, outside sales, community/social work, health care, or other professional experience working with the public.
· Strong organizational and multitasking skills, including experience scheduling several appointments daily;
· Excellent computer skills (access the Internet, use the keyboard and email)
· Strong reading, verbal, and written communication skills;
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and in a team environment;
· Comfortable working in unfamiliar locations and communicating with people from all walks of life and socio-economic groups;
· Experience recruiting special populations, including individuals with mental illness or disabilities;
· Display a professional appearance and demeanor;
· Work consistently in an organized manner; and
· Able to read and use maps efficiently;
Applicants fluent in English and Spanish are encouraged to apply.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for this position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
This is a full-time hourly non-exempt position eligible for group benefits. This position is eligible for overtime pay. Pay rates are based on location where the work will be performed. Working on this study can be a fascinating, rewarding experience. If you are a reliable self-starter, this position may be right for you.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.
Requisition ID 17086